America: Sinking Under the Weight of BRICS
“Houston, we have a problem.”  While many Americans are still under a propaganda spell, the rest of the world has been thriving and uniting. Most notable is what is called BRICS, which stands for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. BRICS, primarily led by China and Russia, is taking steps to unseat the U.S. dollar as the world currency. This is not unexpected, and it is likely in the long run to be a positive thing.
It should be noted that if not for the false propping up of the USD through the Federal Reserve printing money, the United States’ economy would have been in the toilet decades ago. Not by any fault of Americans, we have been misled by the banking cartel who has fed erroneous information to keep Americans from knowing the truth about how fraudulent of a system it is. This has resulted in the United States not being a country to admire, but to avoid.
Briefly, USD is technically not worth the paper it is printed on. This is due in part to the U.S. dollar being a debt-controlled system, printing money out of thin air, and not being based on assets. And as soon as the dollar officially loses its status as the world currency, no more money can be printed. Consequently, the value of USD will drop drastically. A similar case happened with the Mexican Peso in the 1970s. 
The collapse of the U.S. dollar has begun
As numerous sources have predicted for several years, the collapse of the USD has already begun. In parts of China and India, USD is no longer accepted  and in Russia there is legislation to ban USD from circulating and to forbid private citizens from having USD in Russian bank accounts. 
BRICS countries represent 40 percent of the world’s population and a fifth of the global economy.
BRICS is leading the way and becoming stronger each day gaining support from many other countries. China in particular has been taking steps to free itself from the use of USD. These actions in the last few years include, but are not limited to:
- China took control of Hong Kong in 2012. This created a “one country two systems” where Hong Kong is part of China but operates under its own legal and economic system.  Hong Kong is currently trading in USD, and is one of the strongest currencies in the world. Also, in 2013 22 countries exported their gold to Hong Kong. However, when USD is no longer the world currency, Hong Kong will most likely trade in yuan
- Chinese officials now threatening to stop buying any more U.S. debt. This will and is devastating to the U.S. economy . In the interim, China is the second largest economy in the world next to the U.S.
The U.S. Government is not able to pay the interest on the almost $16 trillion it owes, and relies on other countries to pay debt 
- The Chinese currency is already traded directly against the euro, Japanese yen, the British pound, the Aussie, New Zealand dollars, Russia’s rouble and Malaysia’s ringgit
- The Chinese have started to aggressively make currency swap agreements with other countries such as the renminbi is now directly convertible with the Singapore dollar  and has signed agreements with Canada to trade between the Canadian dollar and the Chinese yuan 
- Switzerland signed a bilateral currency swap agreement with China, enabling the two countries to buy and sell up to 150 billion RMB or 21 billion Swiss Francs of each others’ currencies [10a]
- Finally, China has been accumulating unprecedented amounts of gold in spite of being the largest producer of gold in the world.  This is most likely to convert from a debt-base currency system to an asset-based system when the yuan becomes the new world currency
8 Actions by U.S. Government Sealing the Dollar’s Fate
Apparently the U.S. government, especially the Obama Administration is letting the American ship sink, but aren’t about to go down with it! Here are eight actions that various government agencies and corporations influencing the U.S. government have done to ensure the USD will collapse and they will make out like bandits:
- Although not a government agency, the U.S. Treasury and IRS cooperate with the Federal Reserve as if it is. In recent years, it is clear that actions by the Federal Reserve and sanctioned by the U.S. government have orchestrated the demise of the dollar. A Homeland Security insider is quoted as saying:
“The Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing scheme, which intentionally injects more paper money into the general money supply, causes inflation. And inflation leads to devaluation of money, which in essence is just another form of stealing from the people to bail out the central bankers.”
- The U.S. government has been denying other countries attempting to repatriate their gold such as Germany, the Netherlands, France, and Belgium, just to name a few.  This has served to further unite the EU with BRICS. 
23 countries which represent (60% of the world’s GDP) are creating new trade lines outside of the dollar to include China, Russia, India, and Germany, France, and the United Kingdom. This means that the Eurozone itself is abandoning the dollar, and preparing for transition to a new banking system.
- Another example of how our government actions are detrimental to the U.S. dollar is sanctions against Russia. This has only further fostered growing allegiances among nations and excluding the U.S. Countries such as Iran have asked to join BRICS. 
In 2008 Iran, OPEC’s second-largest producer, completely stopped conducting oil transactions in U.S. dollars 
Still others such as Brazil and Uruguay have followed suit with the actions of China and are settling bilateral trade with their own currency bypassing the USD.  Also, the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), which includes Belarus and Kazakhstan, is planning to create a single market for financial services. This will simplify switching to U.S. dollar-free trading. 
In addition, Russia has agreed to export 80,000 tons of oil from it Arctic field and will accept payment in rubles, plus deliver oil via the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline, accepting payment in Chinese yuan for the transfers. This means Russia will export energy to either Europe or China, and receive payment in either Rubles or Yuan, in effect making the two currencies equivalent as far as the Eurasian axis is concerned, and is a definitive move toward a Petrodollar-free world.
- Ongoing efforts to develop gas and oil reserves in North America, and simultaneously pulling away from OPEC nations is counterproductive when you consider OPEC is the last leg propping up the USD as the world currency.
The only thing that stands in the way of the world’s final rejection of the dollar is the wavering trust that Saudi Arabia and OPEC have with the U.S. in assuring oil transactions remain denominated in dollars under the 1970′s Petrodollar agreement. But as the world has seen recently, even the Saudi kingdom is hedging towards a new global system, and has publicly stated that their ties to the U.S. are open for re-negotiation. 
- The U.S. owns more Iraqi Dinar than Iraq – a staggering 3 trillion worth!  Does this sound odd to you? Still in revaluation, the Dinar was approximately 3.5 to 1 USD prior to the U.S. invading under false pretenses. Typically a currency revalues at a higher rate, especially given the natural resources, including gold and oil, as well as an emerging infrastructure. Iraq has all three. Kuwait’s oil and gas resources make its currency is the most valuable asset-based currency in the world. Due to this, and the similarities to Kuwait’s economy, it is very likely that the IQD will come in higher than where it was prior to the invasion.
Given this scenario, it is speculated that a main reason for why the U.S. government owns so much IQD is to maintain control as the world currency leader by replacing USD with Iraqi Dinar. The way this could be accomplished is as the dollar collapses the U.S. government would appeal to OPEC to make IQD the new global currency, keeping it in the ‘petrodollar’ middle-eastern family.
“Even the U.S. government will stop using the dollar”– Jeff Berwick, The Dollar Vigilante 
- To add fuel to the fire, on December 11, 2014, the US House passed a bill repealing the Dodd-Frank requirement that risky derivatives be pushed into big-bank subsidiaries, leaving our deposits and pensions exposed to massive derivatives losses. Essentially it was bad enough that banks were bailed out using American taxpayer money, but now they can BAIL IN! The following is what this bill allows: Notice that shareholders and depositors – that means you and me – are last.
Title II provides a process to assert claims against a defaulting financial company, and a series of rules to allow for liquidation of assets and the payment of claim holders according to a list of priority payments. Claims are paid in the following order: (1) administrative costs; (2) the government; (3) wages, salaries, or commissions of employees; (4) contributions to employee benefit plans; (5) any other general or senior liability of the company; (6) any junior obligation; (7) salaries of executives and directors of the company; and (8) obligations to shareholders, members, general partners, and other equity holders. 
- In 2009 at a G20 Meeting, the Obama Administration agreed to create an international board with authority to intervene in U.S. corporations by dictating executive compensation and approving or disapproving business management decisions. Under the new Financial Stability Board, the United States has only one vote. Ordinarily decisions impacting our nation of this magnitude constitute requiring a two-thirds vote of the Senate. Did this action nullify the U.S. veto power at the International Monetary Fund (IMF)? …It appears so. 
Finally, the most damaging action by the U.S. government is its continual use of its veto power at the IMF to block BRICS, particularly China from having any or more voting power. However, Christine Lagarde, managing director of the IMF said the organization is ready to discuss voting reforms without the United States to give BRICS and emerging countries greater voting power.  An IMF meeting will take place in January 2015, and financial experts are convinced this will be at the top of the agenda. When the U.S. veto power is removed, it will be last straw for the USD.
In conclusion, although it appears Americans are in for a very bumpy ride once the dollar collapses, there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Because the new world currency, likely the Chinese yuan, will be asset-based, this will eliminate the fraudulent monetary system currently in place. What will then emerge is a united global system of monetary exchange that has inherent safeguards to prevent manipulation by the banking cartel. In addition, the advantage in this and the availability to hold multiple currencies means we will no longer have to keep all our eggs in the U.S. basket.
If this article has assisted you in some way, please consider donating. Also, if you enjoyed this post, you may be interested in reading the latest on BRICS and changes to the global financial picture. See
References: Famous line reportedly spoken by one of the astronauts during the Apollo 13 mission.  http://www.usagold.com/cpmforum/category/topics/dollar/  www.endofamerica.com  Top 5: US dollar collapse predictions April 2014  http://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-British-return-Hong-Kong-to-China  A Giant Sucking Sound from the East – Gold Miners Weekly, September 2013  http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/9-signs-that-china-is-making-a-move-against-the-u-s-dollar  http://disasterandemergencysurvival.com/archives/5-red-flags-of-imminent-collapse-be-aware-of-the-warning-signs  http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/china-picks-singapore-dollar-ninth-currency-directly-trade-against-yuan-1471916  http://globalnews.ca/news/1661791/canada-to-establish-first-chinese-currency-hub-in-north-america/ [10a] http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/and-the-next-country-to-join-the-renminbi-fan-club-is-14829/ dated Aug 2014  A Giant Sucking Sound from the East – Gold Miners Weekly, September 2013  http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-mother-of-all-bank-runs/5418692 Dec 2014  http://www.truthandaction.org/23-countries-now-abandoning-us-dollar-2/ www.irdiplomacy.ir/en/page/1937003/BRIICS+Can+Iran+become+the+second+%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%9D+in+BRICS+.html  http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,998512,00.html  http://www.zengardner.com/brazil-uruguay-move-away-from-us-dollar-in-trade/  Ibid  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-27/gazprom-begins-accepting-payment-oil-ruble-yuan  http://www.examiner.com/article/harbinger-23-countries-begin-setting-up-swap-lines-to-bypass-dollar  CNN reports – Confirmed through independent sources with U.S. Congressman that the United States Treasury holds more than three (3) trillion Iraq Dinars  Jeff Berwick, editor of The Dollar Vigilante, predicts that things the American government will begin to view their own dollar as toxic waste.  See 12 U.S.C. § 5389, 12 U.S.C. § 5390 (Dodd-Frank Act §§ 210(a)(2), 209(b)) and12 U.S.C. § 5389 (Dodd-Frank Act § 209(b)).  Ellen Brown is an attorney, founder of the Public Banking Institute, and author of twelve books including the best-selling Web of Debt  http://russia-insider.com/en/2014/12/13/1847 Dec 14, 2014