Today we are going to talk about the third chakra, the yellow one, that sits at the solar plexus, and carries with it the power to do and to act and to create change.
This is the chakra which has been under attack the most by the powers-that-were, or Those Who Do Not Have Our Best Interest At Heart.
This chakra governs the pancreas, the digestion, the stomach, the bowels, weight, the adrenal glands, and the addictions.
Think about it.
If you were going to ‘control the masses’, what is the one thing you would want to disrupt in the energy system?
The power to do, to act, and to create change for something better.
Look at the many health issues that affect our society:
- there is an epidemic of stomach cancer in Japan
- Obesity is a precursor to multiple health concerns
- Diabetes is rampant worldwide
- Irritable Bowel, I once heard, accounts for as many lost-work days as chronic back pain
- Night shift workers gain weight as opposed to day shift because of the stress on their system
- Think of how many triggers to the ‘fight of flight’ response we encounter daily–getting to work on time, traffic, child care, money concerns, broadcast news, newspapers (why don’t they just call it ‘bad news’ instead of ‘news’???)…
- Combine that with a lack of sleep, lack of free time, lack of exercise and lack of devoted time for regular spiritual practice…and you have the society of today.