You have probably heard about chakras – or maybe seen them as visualized colorful circles running down the areas of the human body. But in reality, what is the meaning of a chakra? Or more importantly, do these areas exist and have effect on our personal lives?
by Helen E. Williams, Dreamcatcher Reality
The truth is, chakras are elements of our energy. Now, every body has an energy field which is in tight bond with the earth’s energy field but also makes us unique.
According to science and religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism, our energy is placed along our bundles of arteries, nerves and veins, creating a life force grid, in the form of energy wheels called chakras.
Chakras are also known as cycles of life, death and re-birth. In their main generalization, there are seven chakras present in each human body — as areas in which the flow of life and energy is highly concentrated.
From the base of the spine to the crown of the head, here are the 7 chakras:
- The Root Chakra — The first chakra is the root chakra which is located at the base of the spine (the tailbone) and is symbolized with a red color. According to traditions, it is the chakra related to financial issues, food and shelter, as well as the need to survive. Aside from these aspects, the red chakra is the one that deals with tasks related to the material as well as physical world, but also the one that controls the personal and emotional security issues.
- The Sacral Chakra – It is located in one’s lower abdomen and it’s mainly connected to our ability to meet new people, accept others and have new experiences. The sacral chakra is symbolized with orange-reddish color and is also tied with several emotional aspects. The sensory and sensual perceptions, sexuality, creativity and pleasure are in a tight bond with it.
- The Plexus Chakra — If a person is more confident and in-control of their life, people say he or she has a stronger plexus chakra. This chakra is located in the upper abdomen (thorax) and features an orange color. It is the link to a greater self-esteem, confidence, as well as ego power — giving us the right to think, resonate as well as be aware of our self-worth.
- The Heart Chakra — Every person can love, and the heart chakra is responsible for that. It comes with a golden-yellow color and is located just above our hearts. The love, joy, relationships, as well as inner peace, are all aspects of the heart chakra, which helps us forgive, be compassionate, love ourselves and those around us.
- The Throat Chakra — With a blue-greenish color, the throat chakra is located in our throat and vows for our communication, self-expression as well as voice skills. Every person is different when it comes to speaking, expressing oneself and his/her beliefs. The throat chakra is all about truthful expression, trust as well as loyalty. Some traditions even relate it with better organization and planning, as well as trust issues.
- The Eye Chakra — We all see the world differently when it comes to our thoughts, ideas and visualizations of everything. The eye chakra is the filter to this vision of ours and is located just between one’s eyes, in the lower part of the forehead. With an indigo color, the eye chakra is responsible for one’s imagination, wisdom, ability to think, as well as make decisions that come from intuition and insights.
- The Crown Chakra — If you are able to connect with your spirituality at a higher level, or beaware of your awakened consciousness, chances are you have a greater control of your crown chakra. This is the chakra located at the crown of our head, features a violet color and inspires us to feel our inner and outer beauty and spiritualize with it in the form of pure bliss.
In the end, you should know that there are hundreds of energy centers inside the human body. However, the seven chakras are the recognized major parts of energy, each relating to an aspect ofconsciousness and physical health.
About the author: Helen Elizabeth Williams is the owner of DreamcatcherReality.com, where she is a staff writer. Her passions are: spirituality, meditation and polo. She adores all animals, but horses have a special place in her heart. She loves the diversity of our cultures, the beauty of simple people and the harmony of Mother Nature. ♥
Disclaimer: We at Prepare for Change (PFC) bring you information that is not offered by the mainstream news, and therefore may seem controversial. The opinions, views, statements, and/or information we present are not necessarily promoted, endorsed, espoused, or agreed to by Prepare for Change, its leadership Council, members, those who work with PFC, or those who read its content. However, they are hopefully provocative. Please use discernment! Use logical thinking, your own intuition and your own connection with Source, Spirit and Natural Laws to help you determine what is true and what is not. By sharing information and seeding dialogue, it is our goal to raise consciousness and awareness of higher truths to free us from enslavement of the matrix in this material realm.
There a errors in Ms Williams writing regarding the chakra colors. The accompanying graphic is correct. One might even compare the colors with those appearing in a rainbow.
If the colors are incorrect maybe there are other errors, too. One wonders…