By Ruan Van Cijl,
The famous martial artist, philosopher, and actor Bruce Lee was born on the 27th of November 1940 in China Town, San Francisco. He lived a very short and very powerful life. He is remembered as the figure that popularized kung fu around the world.
He grew up in Hong Kong but later moved back to the United States to study Philosophy at the University of Washington. He taught martial arts to some of Hollywood’s leading men at his martial arts school.
It was at this time that his acting career flourished as he first stared in The Green Hornet. He Later Stared in some of the most famous martial arts movies of all time including: Enter the Dragon and Way of the Dragon.
He passed away in 1973 from a crebral edema after he had an allergic reaction to pain medication he was only 33 years old.
Below we have 23 quotes that highlight his desire for everyone to achieve personal growth through self-reflection.
1. “As you think, so shall you become.”
2. “Be happy, but never satisfied.”
3. “The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.”
4. “A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.”
5. “Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.”
6. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
7. “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you.”
8. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.”
9. “Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
10. “For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
11. “Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.”
12. “A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence.”
13. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.”
14. “Self-knowledge involves relationship. To know oneself is to study one self in action with another person. Relationship is a process of self evaluation and self revelation. Relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself – to be is to be related.”
15. “Choose the positive. You have choice, you are master of your attitude, choose the positive, the constructive. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.”
16. “Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.”
17. “If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you.”
18. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
19. “Many people dedicate their lives to actualizing a concept of what they should be like, rather than actualizing themselves. This difference between self-actualization and self-image actualization is very important. Most people live only for their image”
20. “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.”
21. “Remember no man is really defeated unless he is discouraged.”
These quotes are quite impactful.
Disclaimer: We at Prepare for Change (PFC) bring you information that is not offered by the mainstream news, and therefore may seem controversial. The opinions, views, statements, and/or information we present are not necessarily promoted, endorsed, espoused, or agreed to by Prepare for Change, its leadership Council, members, those who work with PFC, or those who read its content. However, they are hopefully provocative. Please use discernment! Use logical thinking, your own intuition and your own connection with Source, Spirit and Natural Laws to help you determine what is true and what is not. By sharing information and seeding dialogue, it is our goal to raise consciousness and awareness of higher truths to free us from enslavement of the matrix in this material realm.