By Diana Harris
Guest Writer for Wake Up World
If you take on other people’s energy, feel responsible for other people’s emotions, want to emotionally shut down, feel that your feelings shift with the tides of the day, or are easily depleted – please read on.
The above are just some of the symptoms that keep us from embracing the gift of our hearts – our empath ability. The world has felt overwhelming these last years. We are living in a time of tremendous shift.
Many empaths have not learned to manage their gift because they have been busy trying to stay in the boat during rough water. So, how do we take care of ourselves, navigate the ever-changing waters of our lives, and maintain our center during these times?
Empaths have a different way of seeing and being in the world. They feel everything, sometimes to an extreme. Empaths define Self in relation to others’ feelings/perspectives. This gift requires that we learn: healthy boundaries – ours and others; emotional management skills; and how to discern the voice of truth from the voice of our learned fears. Our challenge is self-understanding and cultivating the confidence that comes from learning to love and accept our sensitivity.
Some helpful practices:
- Know yourself– check in with yourself in the AM and periodically during the day to touch in on how you are feeling. Checking in lets you know how you are feeling versus what you are detecting from the environment, etc.
- Pay attention to the stories you tell yourself– Listen to how you speak to yourself. Observe your thoughts without judgment. Do you note any patterns? Self-awareness builds personal power.
- Hold yourselves softly– On the journey of life, we are bound to meet our shadow. It is a necessary portal to our evolution. Cultivate compassion for your perceived flaws. Forgive yourself and adopt any needed changes.
- Establish firm but loving boundaries – This is a vital self-love practice. Know what you are willing to do, give, and experience. You are not required to give yourself away.
- Declutter your physical environment – Do this as a spiritual practice. As you declutter your space, imagine that you are letting go of unhealthy attachments in other areas of your life. Visualize it, speak it as you go through the process, and imagine the excess weight releasing from your heart and mind.
- Nourish yourself with water and earth elements – Ground yourself in Nature. Walk barefoot on the earth. Visit the ocean, lake, or river. Soak in a sea salt bath. Water purifies and baptizes.
- Play music that soothes or lifts your mood – Music is vibration. Empaths are sensitive to vibration.Music has the power to transport us or elevate our mood. Bask in it. Or dance to it.
- Cultivate a spiritual practice – Spiritual practice may not be what you immediately think it is. Do something to nourish your spirit, mind, and body every day. Value your time. Spend it accordingly. Practice daily gratitude. See beauty. Play. Meditate. Pray.
- Bring on self-love – Place your hand gently on your heart chakra. Close your eyes and envision yourself bathed in a soft pink and white light. Allow yourself to receive this unconditional love. You may affirm: “I am love. I am a much loved child of the Universe.” Make this a daily practice.
- Clear your energy – If you find yourself feeling bombarded or overwhelmed, run your hands back and forth under lukewarm running water. This action will soothe any tension and clear your energy. Imagine the imbalanced or excess energy flowing down the drain.
- Unblock and recharge your energy – Take a deep breath and lightly thump the area between your breasts three times. Check-in with yourself. You should feel clearer and more at ease. Repeat if needed.
- Become aware of your empathy triggers – Pay attention to the situations and people that trigger your empathy into overdrive. Breathe. Surround yourself in an energy bubble of Love and Light. This will provide another layer of spiritual support, enabling you to see more clearly and make a different choice.
Empaths must learn to be in a healthy relationship with themselves first. This is the key to fully actualizing your gift. The love that comes from our healed selves has a ripple effect. The light that shines from that love helps heal the wounded world we live in. Your heart is your superpower. Care for it well and you will flourish.
Blessings on the journey,
Disclaimer: We at Prepare for Change (PFC) bring you information that is not offered by the mainstream news, and therefore may seem controversial. The opinions, views, statements, and/or information we present are not necessarily promoted, endorsed, espoused, or agreed to by Prepare for Change, its leadership Council, members, those who work with PFC, or those who read its content. However, they are hopefully provocative. Please use discernment! Use logical thinking, your own intuition and your own connection with Source, Spirit and Natural Laws to help you determine what is true and what is not. By sharing information and seeding dialogue, it is our goal to raise consciousness and awareness of higher truths to free us from enslavement of the matrix in this material realm.