This article was submitted by guest writer Mary L. You can also provide your own article of positive information and we would be happy to consider it for posting as well. Please see the end of this article for guidelines on how to participate!
How CBD Can Ease Insomnia
We know that CBD can be helpful for sleep. Though there are a few different ways CBD can impact sleep, one of the most interesting ways CBD interacts with sleep is in the treatment of insomnia.
Insomnia is a common condition. In fact, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control, about a third of adults in the United States say they don’t get the recommended seven to nine hours of sleep each night. That’s a problem that can increase your risk for crashes, accidents, and other mistakes. And it can increase your risk of developing health issues including type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and depression.
If you’re one of the many people who have a hard time sleeping at night due to insomnia, CBD oil might help you fall asleep (and stay asleep).
What Causes Insomnia?
Insomnia is a sleep disorder. It makes it hard to fall asleep, stay asleep, and get good quality sleep. People who suffer from insomnia may still feel tired upon waking, and it can interfere with your daytime energy, concentration, and overall quality of life.
You can suffer from short term or long term insomnia. Common symptoms can include having a hard time falling asleep, and waking up during the night or far too early in the morning, as well as not feeling rested. Your performance is likely to be impacted, as you might struggle to concentrate, pay attention, avoid mistakes, and remember information. And you may feel irritable or depressed.
Sometimes, insomnia is a problem all on its own. But often, chronic insomnia stems from stress, anxiety, and even painful conditions.
Stress can include stressful events such as trauma, losing a loved one, divorce, or job loss. You might feel anxious and even stay up at night with stressful thoughts about money, family, health, work, or school.
Painful conditions might be behind your insomnia, too. When you’re not feeling well, it’s hard to get rest.
How CBD Relieves Stress and Pain (And Insomnia)
With a calming effect for the central nervous system, CBD oil can help you relax and wind down before you go to sleep. And it might help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, too.
CBD oil’s calming effect can relieve painful inflammation. So if pain from inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or multiple sclerosis are causing insomnia, CBD oil might get to the root of the problem so you can doze off comfortably.
Some patients do well with CBD oil treatments for anxiety, too. According to new Kaiser Permanente research, CBD oil was helpful for adults with concerns of anxiety and poor sleep. Most patients in the study were able to improve anxiety and sleep within the first month. Additionally, almost all of the patients in the study tolerated CBD oil well.
Sometimes, insomnia is caused by a shift in your sleep schedule, including jet lag or a job change. CBD might be helpful for that, too. It’s believed to work with receptors that govern your body’s sleep and wake cycle, also known as your circadian rhythm. You could try using CBD oil to get your circadian rhythm back on track.
Although CBD oil use for insomnia is not completely proven effective, research suggests it’s low risk and worth a shot. If you’re suffering from insomnia, talk to your doctor about how you can make CBD oil part of your treatment plan so you can alleviate struggles with sleep and get enough rest each night.
Become a Writer for Prepare for Change,
We are honored to be able to provide a platform for the world’s people to share their voice and opinions on our New Society or on “The Event” itself. We will also be happy if you have any information or articles that you think the leaders of the various groups should be aware of. For instance if you know of any working viable free energy devices or new technologies they should be submitted to the technology group. If you have any suggestions to be implemented on the group pages themselves you may also submit them to the group leaders.
Please notice that we have categories for articles. We ask that you choose the category for your post carefully, so that the intent of the categories is honored.
We are proud to have you publish your ideas and articles on this site. Please follow these website protocols.
- No articles will contain foul language.
- No articles will promote fear, prejudice, intolerance or hate.
- No articles or posts will be allowed that encourage violence against any person or destruction of anything.
- Articles that personally attack or defame this site, our members or Cobra will not be posted.
- Submitters must be PFC website members. (go to https://prepareforchange.net/ and click on the “newsletter sign up” icon)
- All articles must be submitted in WORD Doc format.
- All articles must have a title and an author ( a person or pen name) .
- All articles must include an JPEG image format to be used as “article featured image” and must be 900×500 pixels or larger.
- All articles will be reviewed for posting by a Council PFC Member.
- All articles will be presented to either inspire or educate with an overall positive outlook.
- All articles should have a category. If you are not sure what topic to write on please go to our website and look under “recent articles” to have a better idea of the type of information we promote in our website, or better yet go to the button below named “categories”, and look at the articles of the category you may relate with or be passionate about to have a better idea of what we are looking for as content for PFC.
- All articles should support the mission and vision of PFC. (Disclosing of information or expanding of consciousness around the globe)
- Articles may not include solicitations or advertisements for sites, products, books, etc. No request to link back to other sites except as reference data or extra information nor can any personal information be included in the articles. (aside from a short bio. of author)
- Posting of articles will be done by the reviewing PFC Council Member.
- Reviewing Council Members will provide no editing of material.
- Unacceptable articles will not be posted and there is no need to respond to the submitter as to any reason.
- All approved articles will be placed on the queue PFC articles waiting to be posted on one of our PFC Daily Newsletters. The posting time varies from a few days if time sensitive to a few weeks (within 30 days) unless the article contains time sensitive information.
Follow the instructions and when your article is complete send it to [email protected] The admin will get back to you if it needs work or to tell you that it has been published.
Thank you for being part of Prepare for Change!
Disclaimer: We at Prepare for Change (PFC) bring you information that is not offered by the mainstream news, and therefore may seem controversial. The opinions, views, statements, and/or information we present are not necessarily promoted, endorsed, espoused, or agreed to by Prepare for Change, its leadership Council, members, those who work with PFC, or those who read its content. However, they are hopefully provocative. Please use discernment! Use logical thinking, your own intuition and your own connection with Source, Spirit and Natural Laws to help you determine what is true and what is not. By sharing information and seeding dialogue, it is our goal to raise consciousness and awareness of higher truths to free us from enslavement of the matrix in this material realm.